105 S. 法院圣.
联系信息 and Location
105 S. 法院圣.
Closed on Saturday and Sunday
Oscoda县 Courthouse Annex
105 S. 法院街
Trial Court Administrator
105 S. 法院街
Legal 服务 of Northern Michigan
Legal Service of Northern Michigan (LSNM) is a non-profit organization which provides legal assistance in civil matters (non-criminal) to eligible low income persons. LSNM does not charge for its service. 然而, clients may be required to pay court costs if the Court does not grant a waiver of those costs. Applicants must meet LSNM’s income and asset guidelines. Only persons who meet the income and asset guidelines can be considered for services.
Legal Hotline for Michigan Seniors
This service offers free telephone advice for persons over age 60 and, depending on your income, possibly Pro Bono or reduced fee referrals to private attorneys.
“Underground Railroad, Inc” Civil Legal Assistance Program
Saginaw, Michigan 48605
This program helps victims of domestic violence with civil legal advice and representation. The staff consists of three attorneys and one paralegal. Advice, referrals and help with completing forms is free to all qualifying clients. Clients requiring services will be asked to provide income information. Representation will be provided for free to clients meeting certain guidelines. 然而, all clients may be expected to pay court costs unless waived by the Court. Payment plans can be arranged.
- No weapons are allowed in the Oscoda县 Courthouse. This prohibition does not apply to court security personnel in the performance of their official duties or law enforcement officers who are transporting prisoners. The Chief Judge may authorize additional exceptions in extraordinary circumstances.
- All persons and their belongings and all parcels are subject to screening by the Oscoda县 Sheriff Department or the Court Bailiff for the purpose of keeping weapons from entering the facility. If at any time there is an articulated or reasonable suspicion that a weapon may be found, a person or object is subject to search. The search shall be no more intrusive than necessary to protect against the dangers presented.
- Notice is posted that “No weapons are permitted in the Oscoda县 Courthouse. All persons and parcels are subject to a search for weapons and restricted items as a condition of entry. Persons in violation of this order may be held in contempt of court”.
- All cellular phones and pagers must be turned off before entering the courtroom.
- The following will not be tolerated while in the courtroom: A) eating food of any kind B) chewing gum C) drinking beverages D) talking.
Litigants, witnesses, and jurors shall be appropriately attired when attending a session of court. Proper attire for gentlemen could include; button shirt, sweater, slacks, shoes and stocking. Proper attire for women could include dress, blouse, sweater, skirt, slacks, suit and shoes. No bare feet, bare midriff or shorts will be allowed.
Lawyer Referral 服务
Jurors are an essential part of the American Judicial System. Most people who serve on jury duty find it to be worthwhile and extremely helpful in understanding how the legal system works. Without jurors, the jury system cannot work. We know that jury service means rearranging schedules, canceling appointments and, 通常, 丢失工作. Your public service as a juror protects our right as Americans to have a trial by an impartial jury of our peers. Should you be called to serve as a juror in Oscoda县, we will make every effort to make your experience valuable and to cause you the least inconvenience possible.
If you have been selected to serve on a jury, you may call 989-826-1153 after 6:00 PM the evening before your report date to receive the latest information regarding your trial.